Now Ethereum is also focusing on Sharding technology. Will it be a major opponent of MultiVAC?

• We all know there're so many great developers working for Ethereum, and they've raised quite a few plans. But I don't think Ethereum 2.0 will be the opponent of MultiVAC. As the pioneer of the second generation of blockchain, Ethereum has accumulated a considerable amount of data, code, users, and smart contracts and has been adopted to a great extent. But this advantage can hurt Ethereum too. It's too hard for Ethereum to forget its glorious history and start anew.

Hard to teach an elephant to dance, so Ethereum 2.0 chose to be compatible with many previous features like the account model, some features of the contracts, which makes Ethereum's Sharding look like a hotchpotch. For example, how to synchronize data across Shards, how to store the data in a distributed way, and how to ensure the entire network is as safe as one Shard, these "how to" problems remain unanswered yet. According to the announced plan of Ethereum, they do encounter many obstacles right now.

Instead, MultiVAC doesn't use the beacon chain structure from the beginning, so different Shards can process the data asynchronously in a parallel way. Personally speaking, I think MultiVAC's Sharding plan is more advanced than Ethereum's. I believe that Ethereum 2.0's Sharding plan will become a strong 'enemy' for most Sharding projects in the market as they aren't designed as good as it. But I believe MultiVAC's plan will replace Ethereum 2.0 later because MultiVAC's scalability and flexibility are better.